Americans desperately needed the Senate to rise to a historic moment. Driven by pure partisanship, what was supposed to be the world’s greatest deliberative body let We The People down.
ARTICLE I: ABUSE OF POWER
- Abused the powers of the Presidency.
- Solicited the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, in the 2020 United States Presidential election.
- Solicited the Government of Ukraine to publicly announce investigations that would benefit his reelection, and influence the 2020 United States Presidential election to his advantage.
- Conditioned official United States Government acts of significant value to Ukraine on its public announcement of the investigations.
- President Trump engaged in this course of conduct for corrupt purposes in pursuit of personal political benefit.
- Used official powers to compromise the national security of the United States and undermined the integrity of the United States democratic process.
- Acted both directly and through his agents within and outside the United States Government to corruptly solicit the Government of Ukraine.
- Promoted a discredited theory promoted by Russia alleging that Ukraine rather than Russia interfered in the 2016 United States Presidential election.
- Attempted to interfere with the release of $391 million of United States taxpayer funds that Congress had appropriated for the purpose of providing vital military and security assistance to Ukraine to oppose Russian aggression. Faced with the public revelation of his actions, President Trump ultimately released the military and security assistance to the Government of Ukraine.
- Conditioned a head of state meeting at the White House, which the President of Ukraine sought to demonstrate continued United States support for the Government of Ukraine in the face of Russian aggression.
ARTICLE II: OBSTRUCTION OF CONGRESS
- Donald J. Trump has directed the unprecedented, categorical, and indiscriminate defiance of subpoenas issued by the House of Representatives pursuant to its “sole Power of Impeachment”.
- Directing the White House to defy a lawful subpoena by withholding the production of documents sought therein by the Committees.
- Directing other Executive Branch agencies and offices to defy lawful subpoenas and withhold the production of documents and records from the Committees.
- Directed current and former Executive Branch officials not to cooperate with the Committee.
- Ordered the complete defiance of an impeachment inquiry to cover up the President’s own repeated misconduct and to seize and control the power of impeachment—and thus to nullify a vital constitutional safeguard.
- President Trump has acted in a manner contrary to his trust as President and subversive of constitutional government, to the great prejudice of the cause of law and justice, and to the manifest injury of the people of the United States.
- Mitch McConnell Obstruction - One Term President
- Mitch McConnell - Obstruction
- Mitch McConnell calls himself the `Grim Reaper`, vowing to kill whichever bill that he does not like.
- Mitch McConnell Doesn’t Even Pretend to Be Fair on Impeachment.
- McConnell`s vow of `total coordination` with White House on Senate impeachment trial
- Mitch McConnell and the other Republican Senators chose a coverup giving POTUS 45 what he wanted.
- The first impeachment trial in American history without live witnesses.
- Refused to demand the essential documents the White House had withheld.
Any way they could they kept critical information about the President’s wrongdoing from the American people.v
- The Republican Senators Poor Judgement in the Impeachment trial demonstrates their inability perform oversite duties.
- The Republican senators don`t seem to have a sense of fairness or constitutionality.
- The Republican senators don`t seem to understand the concept of 'Impartial Justice'.
- The Republican senators show inability to act at the will of or in the best interests of the country.